To make the most of this experience
- with a group
Memories of the Great War 1914-1918
See the phone number
Go back in time to the major historical sites of the First World War.
The Marne was one of the departments on the Western Front that suffered the most damage during 1914-1918. The tour of the Sites of Memory of the Great War is a tribute to the brave men who built the peace by their heroism.
- Guided tour of the Fort de la Pompelle, listed as a Historical Monument. A major site of the resistance that remained in the hands of the Allies during the Great War of 1914-1918.
- Lunch, drinks included
- Departure for the Chemin des Dames - Stop at Fismes where you will discover the American bridge monument built after WW1. It celebrates today the memory of American troops came to liberate the city twice in September 1918 and August 1945.
- Guided Tour of the Chemin des Dames. Theatre of war sadly notorious for its bloody battles.
- Guided Tour of the Caverne du Dragon. In the underground gloom, 15 meters below the surface and with an ambient temperature of 12°C, this unique place will plunge you through a spectacular set design of the daily life of a soldier during the First World War.
- Back to Reims - End of programme
German, English, French, Dutch