Ancien site Maison Chauvet
Behind the plot occupied by the Mumm house remain traces of the former premises of Champagne Chauvet, a winegrower established in Rilly-la-Montagne since the 16th century.
Constructed from 1890, the production workshop (with its gables reminiscent of sheds) was built on two levels of wine cellars and can be identified thanks to a banderole engraved with “champagne”.
The pattern is continued on the pillars of the doorway with bunches of grapes. Lastly, a part of the façade of one accommodation is included in the surrounding wall.